- This event has taken place.
Booking now closed. If you have a query relating to the conference, please contact the Manchester Conference Team on 0161 306 4082.
Please note, the AHUA’s conferences are member only events.
The AHUA’s Spring 2018 conference will take place from 9th to 11th April 2018, hosted by Will Spinks, Registrar, Secretary and COO at the University of Manchester.
The programme will focus on key issues in HE which are of particular interest to members. These centre around the themes of leadership and governance, sector regulation, the regional role of the university, and personal and professional development. The programme is a mix of plenary and workshop sessions, with plenty of time for networking and making new contacts.
We have managed to secure some outstanding speakers including:
- Dame Nancy Rothwell
- Nicola Dandridge in her new capacity as Chair of the OfS
- Sir Howard Bernstein interviewed by Professor Andy Westwood
- Drew Povey, the headteacher featured in ‘Educating Greater Manchester’
- Chris Sayers and Sir Anton Muscatelli in conversation about governance
- Lemn Sissay
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
The conference will start at 12.45 (registration from 11.30; lunch at 12.00) on Monday 9 April and finish after breakfast on Wednesday 11 April.
The venue is the Martin Harris Centre on the University’s main campus. Overnight accommodation, which is included in the fee, is at the Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre which is a five minute walk from Piccadilly railway station.
We are extremely grateful to all our sponsors: